Hi-tech gift ideas for the smartphone generation
01 Dec, 19
Teenagers and smartphones go together like magnets, and they love gadgets and accessories that look good with their handheld! Hard to buy a gift for, the selfie-generation likes to choose their own, so a gift card is the ultimate answer to your gift selection.
Gifts of smartphone tech and gadgets
Ask any young adult with a smartphone within arm’s reach, ‘what would you like for your birthday?’ Chances are, they’ll ask for technology or any gadget that relates to a smartphone.
Research into young people’s use of technology shows that 95% of teens have access to a smartphone, and 45% say they are online ‘almost constantly’. ^
With their phone in hand they’ll be engaged in the platform of their choice – most likely YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat.
Gift cards make the perfect teen gift
The perfect gift for a tech-savvy teen is a prepaid gift card with a photo of themselves! GiftCardStore has the ideal solution – Design Your Own Card. https://giftcardstore.com.au/product/design-your-own-card/
Take a photo of the teen or ask them to send you a selfie that they like, and have it printed on the card you send for their birthday. What could be more personal and appreciated? It combines their selfie-obsession with a card they can use to buy whatever they want!
Here’s some popular gift ideas for the smartphone generation to buy with the prepaid gift card..
- PopSockets are top-selling accessories designed to stick to the back of any smartphone. An expandable knob that can be used as a stand or a grip for the phone, it can even be used to wrap the headphone cord. Add one or two to the back of any mobile phone for fun and convenience!
- Rainbow Unicorn Powerbank is a quirky portable battery charger that will keep their device batteries topped up no matter where they are. With a 2000mAh batteryit comes with a handy micro USB cable. Perfect for lovers of unicorns and smartphones!
- Portable Animal Bluetooth Speakers are cute versions of unicorn, cat or owl that can be connected to a smartphone and used to talk and make calls. They come with a lanyard to hang off your arm or phone and they make taking selfies easy with a shutter remote via Bluetooth.
- Armband for smartphone is great to wear for any fitness activity or just to keep track of everyday movement. Made of durable materials, it keeps their phone safe during exercise. Choose one that is compatible with the size of the phone.
- Portable printer. Print, copy and scan with an LCD printer that they can set up, connect and print right from their smartphone. Produce high-quality colour prints.
- PowerUp Dart Aerobatic Smartphone-Controlled paper plane. Fold a paper plane, attach the Dart and watch it fly around and do tricks. With Bluetooth technology and powered by a smartphone app, it’s crash-resistant and ready for fun.
Go to GiftCardStore to find out more about Design Your Own Card https://giftcardstore.com.au/product/design-your-own-card/ or phone 1300 816 461. Choose your photo and start designing now.
^Pew Research Centre Internet and Technology. 2018 Survey of online and telephone interviews with 1,058 parents with a teen aged 13 to 17, as well as interviews with 743 teens. Available from https://www.pewinternet.org/2018/05/31/teens-social-media-technology-2018/